Garfield Parking & Landscape
Completion of the land acquisition process is a recommended first step before expanding the Garfield Campus. The acquisition process involves purchasing properties adjacent to the existing campus and surveying the existing conditions. These important steps will set the stage for successful redevelopment of the property.
As a long-term solution to address parking needs, the idea of a parking expansion is being explored.
Project Completion: Designing – 15%
Status Update As of: 9/1/2021 (Last two week’s activities in bold)
- 8/28: Asphalt removal near Parent Support Center complete
- Project site demolition: 70% complete
- Project documentation under DSA review; anticipated response date – 9/30
- Final property acquisition negotiation procedures in progress
- Temporary relocation of Verizon generators approval processes and procedures under review