Glendale Community College was established in 1927 as Glendale Junior College operating within the Glendale Union High School District. The College acquired 25 acres of land in 1936, moved into its own facility in 1937, and in 1970 became part of the Glendale Junior College District. The College’s name changed to Glendale Community College District (GCCD) approximately one year later.
Today, the College has 27 permanent buildings over 100 acres. These facilities include the College’s original Verdugo campus, and its Garfield and Montrose campuses.
In July of 2019, GCCD, with the support of HMC Architects, completed a revision to its 2015 District-wide Facilities Master Plan. The findings of this revised plan helped identify the District’s facilities needs and provided a focus for the remainder of its Measure GC Bond Program dollars.
This site provides the GCCD community with updates on the ongoing progress across the District’s three campuses.